The Workingmans Store was founded in 1921 in Marietta, Ohio. The store mainly provided surplus goods, and everything from paint to rubber boots to clothing for boys and men of all ages. The store operated along the Ohio River until it was moved in 1977 to its current headquarters at 113 Putnam St. in Marietta, OH. In 1985 David Schramm entered the business and expanded the retail locations to include downtown Parkersburg, WV. In 2000 this store was moved to 1201 Grand Central Ave. in Vienna, WV and continues to serve the Parkersburg, WV market.
The Workingmans Store has grown and adapted over the years to the ever changing retail climate. From the 1920’s selling surplus goods to the 21st century specializing in industrial footwear/clothing, uniforms/equipment for public service agencies, quality outdoor clothing, mobile unit service, and even formal wear rental and sales. The 21st century also brings an international customer base to Marietta Ohio with everything we do mirrored on the internet at WorkingManStore.com for worldwide sales.
While the business model has changed, the core values of customer service and quality products at a fair price have remained constant over 90 years The Workingmans Store has been serving the working men and women of the Mid Ohio Valley and beyond. These values can be counted on to be the foundation of our growth for 100 years and beyond.
113 Putnam Street
Marietta, OH 45750
Mon - Thurs: 9am – 6pm EST
Friday: 9am – 7pm EST
Sat: 9am - 5pm EST
Sun: Closed (Except winter holiday hours)
Mobile Safety Unit (OH & WV)
All prices are in USD.